Dozens of Americans have become ill with Salmonella infections after eating bagged, precut onions. The onions were sold by Gills Onions, which recalled a number of products containing onions. To date the outbreak has been linked to 73 illnesses across 22 states. Fifteen people were admitted to the hospital. Although the tainted products all had use-by dates in August 2023, people may still have the packages, or food prepared with the onions, stored in their freezer. The recalled products have been pulled from all store shelves.
Full Story: CBS News